Glim - Alice

Glim

Glim - Alice

Postby Glim » Oct 1st, '15, 10:56

"My name is Alice, and I live in Wonderland."

"Cheesy, no? Well hang on, it gets much, much worse."

"In high-school, my childhood best friend and I started to drift apart. I excelled in my studies, spurred on by my proud parents. She fell in with the weird crowd, which was tolerated by her silly new-age parents, I guess."

"Anyway, so we were still living next door from each other, right. So one day, I think it was because of prom, we both sit outside, staring into nothing, being mad at the world and our no-show dates in particular. Mine had gotten cold feet and got busted taking some liquid courage, and he was pretty much grounded for life. Hers was spending the night in jail, I don't remember what for exactly."

"That's when we reconnected, and we decided on a sleepover for old times sake. We stole a bottle of wine from her moms; or several, and she even got into her brother's stash allowing us to get high. Now that's not like me at all, I was just so happy to be around her again, because despite the wierd clothes and the wacky make-up she was still he same sweetheart inside. Maybe I was already set on getting wasted on punch, and now this had to do. Maybe I wanted some of that courage too, to hold my own in the bubbly, chatty storm of activity that was Linda."

"So we're high, drunk of our ass and having fun, and she starts showing me some of her weird gothic stuff. Like her candles and her 'altar', and the ghostly letter board and everything. We both dress up in her gear, and get a good laugh out of it, really, because she was ready to get out of that phase and into something new, and to me it was all irrational and peculiar. So in between hysterics, we set up a seance, and that's where everything went wrong."

"I don't remember how it ended, but I must've fallen asleep or passed out or something, because the next thing I see is this dream landscape. I call it wonderland, because it just goes too well with my stupid name for me to pass up, but i'ts actually Tartaros, the Realm of Dream; the deepest, darkest pit of Hades, the prison of the Titans, all that stuff. Like, the baddest place the ancient greeks could think of. Turns out they're not too good at that, because while not nice, I could imagine more terrible things easy. But let's not go there. See, everything you imagine can become real here, so easy on the imagining."

"I'm not sure what happened to me in my old life. I don't think I've OD'd, or that I'm dead really. I do get glimpses, where the dreamscape becomes more transparent and I catch sort of distant glimpses of me staring out. It's weird, but you know, it's just like you're actually in class, or at the breakfast table, but it's like you're watching through a long tunnel, and all the sound is dampened. So I guess I'm still walking around, just not conciously. Like some sort of zombie. Just proves what I always thought, nobody would notice if I was dead."

"So for the most part I'm here. I guess it's not too bad, because I made new friends. There's Stick, who's a dick, and Phantasos. He's the God of Dreams and Imagination, and he tries to protect me from all the crazy stuff in here. He's cool, but he's super clumsy. Like literally, everything he tries just fails. Horribly. So he's not the best protector, but he's nice enough to hang out with. He claims he's seen an imagine of a city that may be from 'my time', and he's working to get me there, to get me back home. We'll see how it goes. It's not the first time he's talking about getting me home, but again, he always messes up. So I'm not holding my breath."

God: Phantasos (and I guess his Oneiroi brothers, and maybe further extended family)

Name:
Alice

Aspects:
  • High Concept
    • Scared Lost Witch
  • Trouble:
    • Nerdy Teen
  • Wonderland Connaiseur:
    • I'm already used to the weird, been in Wonderland for years now. Intimately familiar with lesser deities. This does make me extra weird to relate to.
  • Dreamworks Pictures Presents:
    • Having tagged along with Phantasos, Morpheus and Hypnos, I'm somewhat familiar with Dream magic. However, the tables are quickly turned in the dream world.
  • Phone Home
    • What I really want is to go home again and just be a normal girl again.

Tool:
Stick is a walking staff, like used by the pilgrims, heralds and shepherds of ancient Greece. It claims its name is Kerukeion. It has a crook on top, and a crooked streak within. That's why I call him Stick, to piss him off. It's also magical.
  • High Concept:
    • To Sleep; Perchance to Dream (Stick can aid me with my magics, sometimes in unexpected ways.)
  • Flaw
    • Aye; Therein Lies the Rub (Stick has a life of his own, and a mean tongue on him. Sticks, Words... I guess all he needs is Stones now.)
  • Stunt:
    • Gone Clubbing (One way around this - to use it without it's mockery - is to just use it like a club. (Fight +2 (Fair))

Skills:
  • Illusion Magic +4 (Great)
  • Deceive +3 (Good)
  • Will +3 (Good)
  • Stealth +2 (Fair)
  • Athletics +2 (Fair)
  • Notice +2 (Fair)
  • Lore +1 (Average)
  • Provoke +1 (Average)
  • Rapport +1 (Average)
  • Empathy +1 (Average)

Stunts:
  • Black Magic Woman (+2 on Magic if it involves illusion.)
  • That Voodoo That You Do (+2 Deceive when I can apply 'bedazzle' effects)
  • It's All Greek To Me (+2 on Lore for Ancient Greek deities.)

Refresh:
1 FP

Stress:
  • Mental o o o o
  • Physical o o

Consequences:
  • Mild -
  • Moderate -
  • Severe -

Glim

Re: Glim - Alice

Postby Glim » Feb 5th, '16, 13:20

Description:
Black, black, black.

Black nailpolish; chipped. Black mascara; runny - encircling green eyes; Black lipstick; smudged; Black dyed, straight hair, in what used to be a page boy cut. Now her hair has grown much longer, and from her crown to her shoulders her natural orange is showing. Bangs up to here.
Short black leather jacket with studs, dark gray T-shirt with red anarchy-A under a black, loose mesh top, black knee-length skirt, black tights with holes in them, black unfastened army boots.
Black leather stainless-studded collar and wristbands, lots of necklaces with silver pendants: rosary, eye of osiris, celtic knot, pentacle, inverted cross, metallica. Clip-on dangly earrings with black gems.

No neon, no coontails, no corset, no latex, no elaborate dress, no gasmasks.
She's just an ordinary girl from the early nineties, yanked from her world at the exact moment she was playing dress-up and pretend-goth and emulating the style of the time.

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Feb 6th, '16, 12:47

So she's a Gadzooks girl mixed with a bit of Spencer's and Pacific Sunwear?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Glim

Postby Glim » Feb 9th, '16, 15:22

You speak in riddles, Mellon

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Feb 9th, '16, 15:45

Speak friend and enter?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Glim

Postby Glim » Feb 10th, '16, 00:20

Sweettalking won't help, she's still off limits for that.

Lowry

Postby Lowry » Feb 3rd, '18, 04:59

Is Alice a villain deep in her heart? She seems very scary to me.

Return to “Hyperax's Fate "Gods" Game”