Scenario 2 - The Old Wizard

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Scenario 2 - The Old Wizard

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 02:37

The four of you reconvene at the northern exit to the city. The road leading outwards is fairly wide, able to accomodate three carriages abreast without any issue. It does lead to the northern marble quarry, and you imagine the width is to allow goods caravans to traverse it in both directions without difficulty.
There are a few pedestrians in working clothes with packs on their back (but no weapons visible) heading out of the city at present, but otherwise the road is pretty quiet. Trees and hedgerow line the boulevard and it's a fairly pleasant summer's afternoon.

-----

Brottor I'll assume will have left a message for Jira that he's going to be gone for a bit and just to continue his delving into the records along the same line of investigation as prior.

Rang, whose stuff was all at the barracks already, and therefore required no detours, went directly to the Stables and picked out four capable horses using his trained eye, ((he is proficient in land vehicles after all)). They don't make any fuss with regards to the requisition; it seems to be standard business for them.
Three days' horsefeed in the form of some kind of dried plant pellets was also given along with the animals, which is easily stored in the back of the carriage without issue.

Who's travelling where? I'm assuming it's Delive & Brottor in the carriage, Rang driving, and Nayveen on her own horse beside them, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Who's navigating? This is pastoral terrain, farmland interspersed with empty fields and small woods; it isn't outright forest so Nayveen's natural explorer doesn't apply, but I'll give her advantage on a navigation check if she's the one keeping track of where you are because it's still a similar setting that she should be rather familiar with in general (though really it's a question of follow the long road north for 40 miles then turn off at the right point). Make a survival(intelligence) roll, as this is more of a memory exercise in remembering the map and keeping track of where you are relative to it, than instinctive tracking type activity.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 06:44

Correct on both assumption for Brottor.
OotA: Xilvaris Castien

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 08:35

Delive spent the morning packing her carriage properly. She'd been prepared to dump all of her belongings at the next inn, but she had a feeling that Mr Orlov would not be so local. The desire to not live near Olaf was not foreign to her. That said, as her carriage approached the gates to leave the town, she had a pang of fear and doubt. This was not where she wanted to be. She needed to be in the city at this moment, making contacts, learning who's who and what nefarious plans awaited her. She hated that she was being sent out on a mission, given an arbitrary title, and forced to become a citizen again. She hated that she had to leave Katan in the midst of her investigation just to make a few contacts happy. She hated that this sorry excuse for a King was nonchalantly wasteful with magic one day, but refused to even reduce the length of this stupid journey. She hated that he had only given the horses 4 days feed. What if they got lost or trapped by the psychotic mage? She hated so much about this situation it made her sick to her stomach. As she watched the gates of Katan pass by her carriage, she fought back the urge to scream and sat there quietly, distracting herself with the words she'd been wanting to say to Brottor for some time. It was as good a time as any, and there was no harm in Rang or Nayveen hearing them.

"What can you tell me about the goddess Leira?"

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 08:48

Rang will gladly drive. Rang can navigate if needed as well.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 10:38

Brottor, roll a religion check please.

deltreey wrote:She hated that she had to leave Katan in the midst of her investigation just to make a few contacts happy.
You aren't leaving Katan. Just the capital city. The indicated location of Orlov's place is well within the national borders (x on the map).

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 10:45

Religion Check to recall Leira

1d20+4 => 11, 4 => 15
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 10:55

See pm.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 10:56

Rang, seeing that everyone is packed up, checks on tying up the extra horses to the carriage with generous leads, and takes the driver's seat. He gives a slight "knick knick" sound with his cheek to the draft horses and a gentle but firm crack of the reins. He says to Nayveen, "I'm assuming we stay on this path for now, if we need to change course, please let me know. Otherwise I'm generally going to head north."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 11:07

Brottor looks up from the notes he was given by Jira to look over again as they traveled, and says, "Well, a fair bit, I presume. She's part of the newer pantheon, much favored by the elite of society who have much to hide..." he cocks an eyebrow, "Why do you ask? Seeing as how she is the embodiment of lies and secrets, it's hard to say how much of what I have studied is even true."
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 11:23

Delive looked around the carriage and out the windows, suspicious of anyone getting too close. She was actually up from her seat, looking for any movement, running her fingers along the cushions as if feeling for secret compartments--even though she knew there were none.

"As with everything, the reasons are complicated and I would prefer to explain them once our surroundings are a bit more private. For now, why don't you just tell me what you do know. She may be the key to all of this."
Last edited by deltreey on Nov 1st, '16, 11:27, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 11:26

There's currently nobody visible within a few hundred yards of you as you've pulled past those on foot who'd been heading out of the city at the same time as you.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 11:28

Seeing as we've left foot traffic alone, Rang hollers back to the carriage, "Hang on, we're going to up the pace and take advantage of our extra horses..." Rang snaps the reins and gives a "hyah" call to the horses, urging them to pick up the pace to solid canter.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 11:29

Hey follows her with his eyes as she makes her sweep of the compartment. "Right...welll, like I said, not much to know about someone who keeps secrets, and even then what you have is as solid as water. Her followers, calling themselves mistwalkers, use illusion and deception as their main weapons. Overall, though, she and her dogma tend to err on the side of neutral when it comes to the big picture. I mean, lest you want to buy a nice gravestone; they're not exactly a cult, just a bunch of sneaks. Not really the anarchy sort." he says, forthcoming
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 11:43

Delive sighed, sitting back. "Retard, pull your horse closer." she said loudly, making no qualms about insulting the elf. When she spoke, she had to fight her own urge to get excited. This was a mystery, the very reason she'd come here. And she was getting to share the data she had spent days gathering. Her face and body she was able to keep relaxed, but her eyes lit up like a school girl filled with the most delightful gossip. When she spoke, it was barely loud enough for Rang to hear, so Nayveen's decision to stay close or not would define whether she could hear it.

"As Rang is now aware, Katan itself is filled with lies. One of them appears to consist of a string of dates marked into the past and future littered across random places in the city." She leaned forward, partially to emphasize that what she was saying was secret, but mostly because she couldn't resist the urge to be on the edge of her seat. "I'm not sure if it's a setup or not--" She paused to emphaze the words, "But one of those dates scrawled randomly in the city was the date of the attack." She paused to let it sink in. "It's location could have just as easily been random, but it was marked on a bench in front of Leira's temple in Katan."

She sat back, letting the words--and the feeling they insighted in her--pass.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 11:45

How well can Rang hear Delive and Brottor's conversation?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 11:47

Rang can hear her fine if he's paying attention to do so.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 11:49

Dates...dates and the attack...no...maybe

Brottor will hand Delieve the notes he was looking over, with regards to the most recent inquiry he had Jira looking into, "Would any of these dates happen to correspond with what you found?"
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 11:49

Rang overheard Brottor partially where he said "...just a bunch of sneaks..." And Rang hollers back, "Snakes? I don't see any snakes..."

In response to Delive, Rang hollers back, "Yeah, something's not quite right in Katan. Why don't you tell them about 'you know who'."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 11:51

Delive took the notes and began looking through them. "You can tell them Rang. You've told nearly everyone else in Katan." she said, focused on the notes and apparently not on being polite.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 11:52

"Delive here says that the king speaks thieve's language and has been using it during his public speeches!"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 11:54

The dates on Brottor's pages are from the first decade since Katan was established. Nothing more recent than that.

Also, please do give Nayveen a chance to respond before running too much further with this conversation.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 11:56

Delive shook her head, handing the notes back to Brottor. "No, the earliest date I spotted was year 248, but I didn't search the entire city. Notably, that day was marked onto a statue of Gond."




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 11:57

"Hey, what was the king saying anyway in that thieve's language?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 11:59

Delive responded to Rang's query before she thought the danger all the way through, "the profitability of various ventures, the awarding of certain titles and other rewards for business run smoothly, areas where improvements need to be made, the latest happenings with the druids, and prices for various upcoming contracts"




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 12:01

"So was he making threats to certain groups if they leave things alone?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 12:07

deltreey wrote:Delive shook her head, handing the notes back to Brottor. "No, the earliest date I spotted was year 248, but I didn't search the entire city. Notably, that day was marked onto a statue of Gond."


"I have more notes in my room at the temple; perhaps there. I had to narrow my own findings, but perhaps the longer list will yield something as they went back as far as Katan's founding." Brottor replies
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 13:27

Nayveen didn't answer to Delive in general, and would likely have assumed the address was meant for Rang regardless, but her elven ears heard well enough to get the idea that Delive thought she had fresh news while she was, in fact, still catching up with Nayveen. She tuned out the details, regardless. Given her apathy toward the king's mission, and her general state of tension, she was watching for trouble, not telling the group where to go.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 13:31

Delive shook her head at Rang "No, it sounded more like he was the head of a thieves' guild rather than threatening one." She turned to Brottor and continued. "And sharing any and all information is the only way we'll survive, because you might not know something's important but another one of us might. Isn't that right Nayveen?" It was the first time that Delive had openly said the elf's name, but she wanted to include the silent one in the conversation.




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 13:47

"Sorry, I wasn't listening," Nayveen replied noncommittally. After a moment, she turned her head back to the others with a flat expression, almost pretending she'd rather be watching the group pass yet another farmhouse.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 13:49

"Well, not to think too much into it...but if the king is indeed as you say, in league with ne'erdowells, and he has a very powerful mage in his service...would it not be wise to assume that perhaps this coach, one we have borrowed from the service of the crown, would be able to be scryed upon? Would open discussion of details which may be paramount to treason be best not said in it's presence?" Brottor muses, "Or am I wrong?"
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 13:58

Delive yawned and sat back. "There are three laws in Katan. I have not broken any of them. And this is not their carriage, it is mine." As she spoke the last words, her voice was harsh and gruff. She was staring at the blue and black color of the wood as she did so.




User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 1st, '16, 14:06

"Sure.." Brottor says, not sure what to make of this, "And the horses? The barding? Look, I just mean we need to watch ourselves if we truly mean to oppose the king. Wrong or not, he has a nation at his back and we 4..." he pauses, glancing over at Nayveen, "do not an army make."
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 14:28

"There are, in fact, more than three laws in Katan, though it is strange how only the capital crimes seem to be tested so frequently that anyone outside the merchant class knows what they are. Few comprehend what motivation anyone would have to transgress, even in absence of punishment. That's far from the oddest thing about Katan, forsooth." Nayveen moved up alongside the carriage, on the far side of the road, and looked northward.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 16:16

"So... if Katan is one giant thieve's guild, then what does that make us? What does that make the bad people and the ritual from the first ceremony we all stopped? And what's the point of the three laws?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 1st, '16, 17:16

lhx wrote:Seeing as we've left foot traffic alone, Rang hollers back to the carriage, "Hang on, we're going to up the pace and take advantage of our extra horses..." Rang snaps the reins and gives a "hyah" call to the horses, urging them to pick up the pace to solid canter.

Bear in mind that unless you intend to leave them behind, your spare horses will also have to travel at the faster pace, so you will only gain limited benefit from this; especially considering Nayveen's mount has no replacement.

While travelling at the faster pace you cover 20% more distance in the same time, but have a penalty on perception.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 18:39

"The simple answer to that is, 'Katan is not a giant thieves' guild'," said Nayveen. "It is a sham, if the barracks records are to be believed, but the motive goes beyond simple greed."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 18:42

Delive waved her hand dismissively at Brottor. The truth was, whether someone was listening or not, it was more important that she understand the situation than that she keep it secret. "Care to elaborate?" she said to Nayveen.




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 19:04

"I can't say I do. However, either Katan's trade is staged, or the barracks records are falsified, and the numbers given don't clash with my observations of the quarries and lumberyards. It's as though all major industries are hellbent on meeting but not exceeding some national quotas. The different companies are not competing for shares of these invisible national caps on production, so much as they are acting in collusion, to create the appearance of liveliness. Worst of all, this includes leaving operations that won't offend the wood elves idle, in favour of purposely irritating them, with the illusion of constant expansions."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 20:17

Dry wrote:
lhx wrote:Seeing as we've left foot traffic alone, Rang hollers back to the carriage, "Hang on, we're going to up the pace and take advantage of our extra horses..." Rang snaps the reins and gives a "hyah" call to the horses, urging them to pick up the pace to solid canter.

Bear in mind that unless you intend to leave them behind, your spare horses will also have to travel at the faster pace, so you will only gain limited benefit from this; especially considering Nayveen's mount has no replacement.

While travelling at the faster pace you cover 20% more distance in the same time, but have a penalty on perception.


Those extra horses aren't burdened with anything... they're on leads behind the carriage. Sure, they'll be cantering but with no weight.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 20:19

Rang hollers, "Can you break that down for me? What would be the point of that? Inciting war with the elves?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 21:25

"If that was the goal, they could use other provocations. No, the goal is to give the appearance that Katan is profit-minded and seeks to strip the land of its resources, even while it has not expanded its total export volume of lumber or marble one iota in over two hundred years. I would say their aim is to make it look like Katan is ruled by humans." Nayveen finished her explanation with lilting amusement.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 1st, '16, 21:28

Delive pondered what it all could mean. "So they're giving the illusion of doing one thing while actually doing another. Sounds like a thieves' guild to me. But what does Leira have to do with it all?"




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 1st, '16, 21:31

And Rang says to Nayveen, "If they're not ruled by humans, then who the hell are they ruled by?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 1st, '16, 23:07

"From the looks of things, they're some sort of 'angels' that fight 'demons'." Being from out in the woods, Nayveen scarcely believed in either, and certainly not in the combat between them alleged to underpin all reality. She certainly mocked them both. "With Leira involved, perhaps looks can be deceiving, as if they weren't already."

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 2nd, '16, 01:57

Further up the road you see a group of carriages heading along the lane in the opposite direction to you, towards the city. You'll be passing them in a minute. It's difficult to make out any detail at this distance.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 2nd, '16, 08:23

Rang keeps an eye on them as we close. He slows the horses to a trot so he has better control. He also stomps his foot into the carriage several times to alert Delive and and BrittonBrottor.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 2nd, '16, 08:29

At the mention of Angels and Demon, Brottor will chime in, "Celestial beings usually have no motive of their own. Rather, they act as envoy for a greater power. But they usually have little influence on the mortal realm, offering little nudges. You make it sound like they're in politics now, playing a game of chess, only the black pieces surround the white ones, and they're trying to maintain a stalemate.
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 2nd, '16, 08:32

Delive was taken aback and wanted to ask a silly question, but then she considered the source and thought better of it. "What barracks document would say that? And how did you get your hands on it?!?"

Sadly her query was interrupted by a stomp from Rang. She pulled out her blade and watched the other approaching travelers.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 2nd, '16, 10:20

As the oncoming convoy approaches, you can make out 5 carts laden with various vegetables. There are two or three people with each vehicle, including a guard on the front and rear carts. They give you a cheery wave as they approach, and the lead driver shouts, "Good afternoon! Care for some especially fresh provisions for your trip?" Their speed slows to a crawl.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 2nd, '16, 11:58

Rang says without waiting for the others, "No thank you; we're well stocked for the road. Safe travels!" He tries to keep the carriage as laterally far away as he can when they cross paths.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 2nd, '16, 13:08

Nayveen gives Delive an indulgent smile, but elects to move her horse behind the carriage as the wagons approach. As she passes Brottor, she comments, "That's quite a comparison."

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 2nd, '16, 13:11

The farmers' convoy passes you without incident and soon your group is alone again, continuing north.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 2nd, '16, 13:20

Rang "yahs" the horses back up to a canter and keeps them moving. He also starts singing what sounds like a drinking song,

"There once was a wanderer that went to Stel,
he fought the orcs from here to Hell,
turns out he learned to fight pretty well,
but never a permanent home to dwell..."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 2nd, '16, 13:56

Nayveen pulls back up alongside again, to answer Brottor and Delive. "I saw no such document, I've only been observing. The king has no heir designated, and his lineage is almost as murky as the bastard son of the most popular woman in the village. This is in contrast to, say, Stel for example, where anyone who's anyone can trace their lineage back a thousand years, and one might meet a commoner who could reasonably claim, perhaps with the documents to prove it, that they were precisely sixty-eighth in line for the throne.

"Katan may be young for a kingdom, but it's not that young. Besides, it seems like the king can't walk ten paces without his eyes glowing, a choir singing, or an attempt by a demon to kill him. The concert last night was one of the most unnatural things I have ever seen. So, you could say I have my suspicions. I haven't worked it out as thoroughly as Brother Brottor seems to have done, though. Right now, I'd be inclined to believe it's another attempt at misdirection, with a truth that is even less honest."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:09

Delive shook her head vigorously, as if throwing water off of her hair. These thoughts were so patently absurd that it was hard to believe. "Speculation. There are no facts to back you up. What sort of angel would spend all day communicating in thieves' cant? Moreover, why does everyone seem to be hunting the followers of Leira?" Her eyes widened after she said the words and she covered her mouth. She was saying too much and didn't want to cause more speculation to pervade her current colleagues' crazy thoughts.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:16

Are you intending to spend the night just camping off the side of the road somewhere, or will you be looking for some kind of inn etc. to stay at? The map did indicate there would be small settlements, or at least, groups of buildings, every so often along the way, though none of them were labeled; the surrounding landscape is dotted with farmhouses here and there; none are directly next to the road.

Also, do any of you have a map?

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:26

"I'm not the one jumping to conclusions, but I'll gladly refrain from sharing any more information I find if it'll spare your little mind the effort of parsing through it. This is all idle talk, anyway. We're not investigating, we're going on an errand for the king, to go ask why his friend doesn't want to play with him anymore. No, this doesn't have the ring of us dealing directly with divine beings of eternal wisdom. We're not even dealing with adults, here." She reined her horse in, to lag back behind the carriage again.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:38

Rang has a rough map but it is mostly focused on Stel and the Stel side of Karan. Not north Karan.

Rang would rather sleep outside if it comes to a vote.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:40

Brottor could go either way. For one, he's been sleeping on the side of the road for years. On the other hand, he's slowly been enjoying life's little luxuries lately, almost getting spoiled
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:47

Nayveen's never used a map in her life, and isn't interested in going out of her way to seek artificial shelter, so long as there's natural shelter available nearby.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 2nd, '16, 14:53

Delive sighed in frustration. She had made every effort to share the information she'd had with the rest of the group, even to the point of endangering herself, but the group was not agreeing with that concept in the least. In fact, they seemed willing to endanger each other purely for the sake of ego. It really bothered her to her core. Evil, to Delive, had always been defined as putting yourself before others. The decision to put your ego before the lives of others was taking evil to the extreme. This just did not feel like something a good person should be doing, and she feared she may be helping someone genuinely evil to attain power by continuing to work with these people.
Last edited by deltreey on Dec 9th, '16, 19:41, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 12:00

The next couple miles pass by in brooding, contemplative silence, broken only by Rang singing bits of song here and there.

After travelling through a small wooded area for a quarter of a mile, and emerging back into farmland, you see dark, voluminous smoke rising in the distance. It looks to be a little to the right of the main path, probably set back a few hundred feet from the road, though it's hard to tell exactly how far it is. Trees lining the main thoroughfare prevent you from seeing the cause of the smoke at this point.

((It's currently around 5pm.))

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 13:14

Voluminous like forest-fire size, bonfire size, campfire size, or forest fire in California in the midst of August after a 5 year drought?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 13:17

Voluminous like definitely larger than a campfire, but smaller than a forest fire.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 13:19

Rang slows the carriage to a walk so that the horse's hooves are quiet enough to hold a normal-volume conversation with the others, "There's a large fire up ahead, do you want to investigate or avoid?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 3rd, '16, 13:21

Delive apologized as the carriage began to approach an apparent fire. "I will correct myself adamantly. It was not in front of the temple of Leira, it was in front of her statue. For some reason I mixed up the two in my mind."




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 3rd, '16, 13:42

Nayveen shrugged, as she passed ahead of the wagon. "We're going by on the road, either way, aren't we? I could have a look, most likely some farmer had a little accident while cooking their supper, and is in the process of losing their home. I doubt there's much else to it, this close to Marble."

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 14:30

Nayveen, are you going to attempt to approach with stealth?


User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 15:35

Riding ahead, you catch sight of several buildings through gaps in the trees, in the direction of the smoke. There's an orange glow to them, and as you reach a narrower lane off the main road leading up towards the property, you can make out the distant shape of a man, waving at you quite frantically. Several of the buildings behind him are clearly on fire.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 3rd, '16, 15:41

Nayveen sends a message back to Rang to tell him, "There are several buildings on fire," before sending a long-range message to the waving man (if she can get within 240 feet; spending a sorcery point.) "What is your concern, sir? We cannot put out the fires." Remembering the trouble the dwarves had, she adds, "Simply whisper to reply."

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 15:44

The man shouts something back at you, though it's too far away to make out clearly. He then turns and quickly heads back towards the buildings.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 3rd, '16, 16:04

Nayveen glances at the woods around, and returns to the carriage. "Given the space between the buildings, it's clear that the fire is neither natural nor accidental. It could be a monster, bandits, or raiders, though there should not be any this deep inside Katan. I saw a man who was quite agitated, he didn't seem inclined to explain. Maybe he has something he wants us to rescue, maybe he's leading us into an ambush."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 16:35

Rang says, "Well I'm going in... who's with me?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 3rd, '16, 16:38

Delive nodded and followed Rang, grabbing her blade and getting ready for a fight.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 17:21

Are you going to drive the carriage up the lane to the burning buildings, leave it by the main road and approach on foot, what's the plan?

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 17:29

How far are we from the buildings?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 3rd, '16, 17:36

They're about 200 feet back from the road. There's what looks like a large barn and adjacent grain silo on fire, and several people are running around between them and the main farmhouse building, which is not currently burning. A couple large sheds stand the other side of the barn, and while they're also not on fire for now, there doesn't seem to be anyone spare to look after them.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:02

Rang would rather approach on foot to have at least a chance of surprise if there are combatants.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:05

Delive would rather pull the carriage up in case it's needed to carry their stuff or for triage...also, in case this is a setup, she'd rather not leave the most expensive bit of property sitting out in the road alone. If Rang takes off ahead of it, she'll let him go in first, then pull the carriage in so that she doesn't ruin his potential stealth.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:32

Rang says, "if it's an ambush the last place we want the carriage is nesr those burning buildings."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:33

"If they take the carriage, they've killed us anyway."




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 3rd, '16, 18:42

"Very well then, I'm going to push forward on foot. Do what you will with the horses. But if you hear me singing at the top of my lungs, I'm in trouble. Nayveen, Brottor, I need one of you to accompany me on foot, the other can stay with Delive and the horses."

As Rang is saying this he's dismounting, loosening his maul, and shaking out his muscles.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 3rd, '16, 23:51

"I'm better off in the saddle, go on ahead." Nayveen readied her bow and moved up to scout around, closer to the fires.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 4th, '16, 06:45

Brottor will hop out and accompany Rang. Though he is slower on foot than him, so Rang will need to not just dash off and leave Brottor behind!
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 07:22

As you near the property you find a small family trying to save their home - an man in his early thirties is throwing buckets of water onto the thatched roof, two young lads, perhaps ten years old, are carrying said buckets to and from a well, where a woman is refilling them as best she can.

Seeing you approaching with weapons drawn, the man shouts, "Worryboutthecatlater! Savethhousefirs!" his voice is distraught, desparate, tired, and that mixed with a heavy accent makes it rather difficult to make out exactly what he said.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby shortsinsnow » Nov 4th, '16, 07:41

Brottor will immediate start trying to use his Thaumaturgy cantrip to diminish the flames as best he can, either by lessening the flames there are or snuffing out the ones that are small enough.
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 4th, '16, 07:47

Rang runs over to the well and says to the lady, "I can fill these faster than you; start go help with the water."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Namaphry » Nov 4th, '16, 10:09

Though concerned this 'cat' might be some sort of magical, fire-breathing variety, Nayveen stops short of circling around the house to get close enough to start using her Control Flames cantrip to remove the fire from the roof. It's tempting to find somewhere else to put it, though not strictly necessary.

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 10:52

Brottor slams his staff against the ground and hurriedly shouts out an incantation; there is a dark pulse that spreads outwards, radially, from him towards the flames, and their flickering slows, and settles, and the fire, though still everywhere, decreases in magnitude and is no longer a roaring inferno.

Nayveen meanwhile starts making arcane gestures with her hands, and is able to make a start on quelling the nearest areas of flame to the house, though it's not much of a winning battle, as the fire lethargically yet steadily returns to the areas it's removed from, as the wood is still hot, smouldering, ready to catch back aflame, requiring constant use of the cantrip to suppress it again and again.

Rang runs over to the well with gusto, the wife barely having time to process what he said before he's already at her side.
Rang, make a strength check.

What's Delive doing at this point?

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby lhx » Nov 4th, '16, 11:06

1d20+5 => 4, 5 => 9 and another +3 if you let me use athletics.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 11:17

Rang starts turning the crank to raise and lower the buckets to the well; even with your help it's pretty slow going as the whole mechanism seems to catch and lock up every revolution, but even so you manage to work together with the woman to start handing the boys full buckets of water, which they trot off to their father who has now turned from the house and is gradually slowly quenching the barn in the areas the flames are being moved away from.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 4th, '16, 11:25

Delive used the horses and carriage to help move heavy equipment around as needed, water barrels and the like.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 11:39

Delive slowly drives her carriage up; she doesn't have a great deal of experience driving it and is having to take extra care in this hazardous situation, especially to make sure the half dozen horses attached to the carriage stay calm with a burning building in front of them. Satisfied that they won't bolt off, Delive looks for some way to help, but there isn't really anything else to move; they're using fairly small buckets that are being carried about a few dozen feet from the well over to the farmhouse. She just hovers around the others for a bit, before heading off to take a look around the property for some other way to be useful. Roll an investigation check.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 4th, '16, 11:40

Investigation: 1d20+8 => 14, 8 => 22




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 11:52

Heading around the barn and towards the large sheds on the other side of it, which house several pigs, you spot a large animal pen adjacent to the barn. Part of the fence on the opposite side from you is smashed, and there are heavy drag marks and large trail of what might be blood leading through the opening and towards a forest that starts a couple fields over. There are scorch marks across the grass in several places in the pen.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby deltreey » Nov 4th, '16, 11:58

Leaving the carriage to sit on its own (and tying it off so the horses don't run) Delive headed back to the chaos to find the others. "Seems the elf was right. Fire seems to have been started by some creature stealing food. We can track it pretty easily from the looks of things.". She proceeded to grab buckets and help save what she could while informing as much of the party as she could find in the chaos.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 1 - The King's Birthday

Postby Dry » Nov 4th, '16, 12:18

Over the course of the next ten minutes, the eight of you work together and are able to put out the fires in both the barn and the silo.

"Hellvajobther. Couldnacombettrtime. Gonstayferdinnr?" the farmer is apparently not much less indecipherable when he isn't in a panic. "Leaswecandoferya. Feckinwelfgotthcatl..." he shakes his head with disappointment. The woman has meanwhile herded the two boys inside.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 2 - The Old Wizard

Postby Namaphry » Nov 4th, '16, 12:40

"We haven't been travelling long... but it doesn't trouble me much whether we make good time. Especially if we can track down that beast, instead; that sounds much more interesting." Nayveen sees about finding somewhere to put her horse.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 2 - The Old Wizard

Postby lhx » Nov 4th, '16, 14:00

Rang splashes some water on his face and comes over to the farmer and says, "Howjafirestart? Dinnerferemallbekindnblessu"

OOC: I'm imagining Brad Pitt from Snatch for the accent :)
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric


Return to “Tales of Katan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest