Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 16th, '17, 09:51

Hardly a week back and already the trio find themselves once more outside Katan's borders. This time, however, they are in the unclaimed mountainous wilds to the north. The path, while obvious and easy to follow, is much less well-kept here, and you can imagine the difficulty any wheeled vehicle would have as the trail starts winding its way into the mountains. No longer following a straight course, it meanders through the lowlands between the slopes, swinging left to right to avoid large rocky outcroppings and denser areas vegetation.

About half an hour after the border crossing, after rounding around one such bend in the path, you find yourselves at a narrow pass between two cliffs, in the sort of channel a river might have carved out many ages ago. There is a fallen tree across the path about 40 feet ahead of you, branches sticking well into the air. Atop it sits a rugged dwarf wearing 'clothes' fashioned out of some sort of spotted animal hides. A primitive, heavy-looking axe is resting against the treetrunk next to him. As you approach, he holds up a hand in a combination of the 'stop' gesture and a greeting.

He speaks in what is nominally dwarven, though there's a severe lack of refinement to his voice, as though he's chewing on gravel, "Dangerous path ahead. Many wild things. Need a guide?"

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 16th, '17, 10:43

Brottor slows his "horse" down to a trot, and then a complete halt some dozen yards away.

"Greetings. Are you here trying to clear this tree with your axe?" Brottor asks the dwarf in his educated and refined flavor of Dwarven

<He's asking if we want a guide. How likely is this a trap? Can these horses jump over?> Brottor mentally asks Delive

<First sign of trouble, cover Delive as there are likely others hidden>, he mentally says to Rang
OotA: Xilvaris Castien

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 16th, '17, 11:16

Rang coughs in a way to indicate he understood Brottor and he focuses his attention on the cliffs to see if he can spot anything else out of the ordinary.

Perception if DM wants it: 1d20+3 => 8, 3 => 11
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 16th, '17, 11:41

The cliffside directly to the left above the tree has some bits of tree-scraping on the edge; that at least explains how the tree came to be blocking the path. You can't tell if there are any others, or other creatures, nearby.

"This axe is for fighting beasts, not trees." He plucks a small branch off the tree and proceeds to chew on it, which does nothing to aid his accent. "Probably a grackin pushed the tree over. Or maybe a mirk. You ever seen a mirk? Nasty thing."


ooc: This is your first time hearing of either of those creatures.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 16th, '17, 11:45

OOC- Are these known slang terms to any of us? Would we be able to figure what he's talking about, or are these "snarks and grumkins" like in A Song of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones?
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 16th, '17, 11:52

Delive paused, taking a closer look at the man. His clothing, his facial features, any distinct markings. You'd be surprised how much you could find out just my looking at someone. How much trail dust was on his clothing? Was there bark mixed in with it? How heavily used did his weapon appear to be. How many fingers did he have? Did he have any notable scars or tattoos. So much you can see takes many more words to describe. A picture is worth a thousand words after all.

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 16th, '17, 12:23

Brottor: as above, this is your first time hearing those names, and without further context or exposition it's impossible to tell if they're slang or different creatures altogether.


Delive, the dwarf has no tattoos nor especially prominent scars (nor missing digits) though he does have a few small ones from cuts or scratches acquired over the years. His clothes are roughly made but not shoddy or overly dirty; he has at least some measure of self-respect and keeps himself as tidy as the wilds reasonably permit.

His weapon has definitely seen use- the handle is slick and darkened on the spots where he most frequently holds it. The blade doesn't have any chips in it though- another sign that he takes care of his stuff.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 16th, '17, 12:51

Assuming no blood stains on his clothes.

"No blood on his clothing. He's probably legit." She said, approaching the fallen tree on horseback to assess whether this steed could make the jump. "Or was at one time." She clarified that the situation demanded an entirely different perspective. She drew her blade and pointed it at the dwarf. "We don't trust you not to try to kill and rob us. Why do you think we'd trust you to guide us?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 16th, '17, 14:24

The tree, on its side, has branches sticking vertically into the air, making any kind of jumping a difficult proposition at slim odds, at best.

"You are right to beware, and not right. It is not me you should beware. Why should I fight you? No meat, no hide, much risk. Better for me if you pay."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 16th, '17, 23:46

Does Rang believe him? 1d20 => 11 => 11 Insight.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 17th, '17, 00:22

Rang is having trouble with this one, he's tough to read: his good health suggests a certain lack of recklessness, but he could just as likely as not be an experienced liar...

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 17th, '17, 08:24

Delive sighed, still holding the sword in the direction of the dwarf. "I don't even have to swing. If I just aim this and let the horse do the work..." She smiled at the dwarf.

"You're only about half an hour from the bridge. You're clearly here because you're not welcome there. So either attack us and get it over with, follow us and wait 'til we rest, or get out of our way. We're not paying you for a guide when we're just following a road."




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 17th, '17, 08:32

Rang says, "Listen to the lady. We've a long way to go and we don't need a guide. So move aside or spring your trap." Rang loosens his maul and makes a scene out of stretching his corded muscles to show his strength.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 17th, '17, 09:07

"I'm not after a fight. You know how to make your way? Go, then. The mountains will have you." He picks up his axe in an intentionally nonthreatening manor and, hopping off the trunk, takes a few steps to the rocky wall at the side, where he sits down and continues chewing on the twig. You can now see there is a space in the branches of the tree where he'd been sitting, large enough for you to ride through without difficulty.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 17th, '17, 19:51

Delive took the lead, being the best scout of the group. She hopped her horse over the tree (after verifying it wasn't a steep drop on the other side) and headed out ahead, looking for more dangers on the trail.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 17th, '17, 20:22

Rang follows, scanning the ridges above.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 18th, '17, 09:53

Your steeds are able to hop the log, and you ride onwards without any further consequence.
You've gone barely two minutes past the spot when you hear the voice of Blindspot, "Just thought you should know, there were two other dwarves on the rocks above that tree."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 18th, '17, 09:59

Delive laughed. "Pathetic."

She pulled her horse closer to Brottor. "So you're feeling better having been fed?". She asked, trying to gather information before diving into the question she was quite eager to ask.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 18th, '17, 10:02

"Feeling better? No. Satiated? No. I was less empty for a moment, and now that has passed. You eat, and hours later you are hungry again too, aren't you?"

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 18th, '17, 10:04

Delive raised an eyebrow. "Don't most items retain energy that's stored in them? Were you using it to spot those dwarves just now?" She said, knowing she would have spotted them before the sword unless there were some sort of magic at play.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 18th, '17, 10:10

"I do not know about energy being retained or not in other things, because I am not other things. The charge from last night was gone before we crossed the border. I am simply aware of everything near me, regardless of whether it's behind an obstacle or what you'd call plainly visible - when we went over the tree, they became known to me. It's possible there were more outside of the range of my perception."

ooc: just as a reminder, the sword is still wrapped in cloth at this point.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 18th, '17, 10:14

"Should we attack them?" She said, turning her attention to her own two dwarves. "Other travelers are likely to be robbed by them if we don't deal with them."




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 18th, '17, 11:59

Does Rang believe the sword? 1d20 => 10 => 10 Insight
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 18th, '17, 12:02

As before, there's no real way to tell if the monotonous statement of things as fact from the nearly-inanimate object is true or not, so it's up to Rang to judge for himself.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 18th, '17, 12:04

Rang says, "I'm up for a fight, although I don't think we kill them unless we have to. Rather, let's knock them out and tie them up as a lesson with some sort of sign. Maybe someone official will find them before they die or are eaten."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 18th, '17, 13:15

"Out here? Doubtful. Tying them up and leaving them behind is the same as killing them." Delive replied, quite matter-of-fact.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 18th, '17, 13:16

Rang says resignedly, "Yup. You're right... well, better them dead than some innocents. What do you think Brottor?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 20th, '17, 06:16

Well, there goes my namely guise, he thinks, hearing Rang call him by his name.

"Ehhrm, "he clears his throat, "Well, we know they could have attacked us, but did not. Why even set up the ruse of paying for guidance? Perhaps they truely were offering to guide us, and the hidden dwarves are merely his allies in protecting the payers. No, anyone traveling to Helix must know of the journey's risk to some degree. We cannot slay every wolf and owlbear because they may see fit to turn a lost traveler into their next dinner. At this time, the Dwarf and his companions are technically innocent."

"However," he says after a brief pause, "should we come across anyone on our journey to or from Helix who has heard of these dwarves having caused trouble, and we shall bring the full wrath of the heavens down upon them."
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 20th, '17, 12:46

Rang says, "I can live with that as well; although I'm convinced if we had accepted him as a guide they would have ambushed us at first sleep."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 20th, '17, 12:51

The sword makes no comment. Is the party ready to proceed onwards?

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 20th, '17, 13:03

Rang's ready.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 20th, '17, 13:21

Brottor is ready
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 20th, '17, 13:59

Well, that's a majority, so I'll go with that.

The trio ride onwards, and upwards, as the snaking path takes you into higher valleys and passes as it goes. Far overhead, a group of winged creatures, shaped like giant bats, circle for a brief while before moving onwards. The route grows quiet as you head further into the sparser terrain, with bird chitter and the clicking of insects growing less and less frequent. It's a solemn journey.

Several hours go by peacefully, when you crest a ridge and come to a fork in the road; both paths are heading vaguely northwards, though at different angles. To the right, the path plunges down into another saddle-shaped valley thick with deciduous forest; you can see a column of smoke rising from somewhere near the middle; it's not too large, but would indicate a solid-sized campfire is going. To the left, the road heads into a tunnel flanked by two very stylised statues of warriors in full plate armor, sword and shield held by their feet. They are very well worn, at a guess you'd think many hundreds of years old.

At the crossroads stands a sturdy, well-weathered wooden signpost embedded into a stone base, with three signs aiming in the junction's directions: one reads 'Spiral' in Elven pointing to the right, the other 'Akarat' in a very old-fashioned style of Common, to the left. The path you've taken is labeled in some kind of rough dwarven-like script which reads 'Katonon' going by the letters.

Del: see PM.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 20th, '17, 14:14

Rang says, "Well now we know we're from 'Katonon' if anyone asks. Which way do you think we should go? I'm not too familiar with the way to Helix."

OOC: That's where we're headed right?
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 20th, '17, 14:32

"Heh, I would imagine the one labeled Spiral, as they are related terms. It is likely that something was lost in translation and we've been calling it helix in error this whole time? Who knows. But as we are looking for an tournament in an elven city, (OOC- is this common knowledge? I'm just guessing since it's in the name of the thread), then all sign, heh, point that way," Brottor says, gesturing towards "Spiral"
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 20th, '17, 15:08

OOC: Since there seem to be some memory holes on this, just to recap,
viewtopic.php?p=7343#p7343 - your 'mission' from Orlov. this is really all you know, as well as that Helix is an elven research outpost was the place from where the barracks in Marble got the potions you used against the shadow devil. See maps link in my signature; you would know the world overmap as shown there, and accompanying info: "Northeast is a small elven city-state named Helix, established as a research outpost for Ortheiad to the south, across the sea."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 20th, '17, 16:56

Dry wrote:OOC: Since there seem to be some memory holes on this, just to recap,
viewtopic.php?p=7343#p7343 - your 'mission' from Orlov. this is really all you know, as well as that Helix is an elven research outpost was the place from where the barracks in Marble got the potions you used against the shadow devil. See maps link in my signature; you would know the world overmap as shown there, and accompanying info: "Northeast is a small elven city-state named Helix, established as a research outpost for Ortheiad to the south, across the sea."


Thanks for the refresher.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 20th, '17, 20:54

"If we go left, we could meet some potentially hostile new allies. Cave dwellers who are, according to the sign, not a good target for theft. On the other hand, I am feeling a bit nostalgic. Elves are always great for that--with the exception of recent company. Since we're stopped, can I feed Blindspot? He's been in pain for quite a few hours now." Delive smiled, then paused, dropping the smile for the briefest moment before renewing it. She had smiled a genuine smile. She now understood why she had so quickly felt comfortable around these two. She really did already consider them friends. The honesty alone was a good start.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 20th, '17, 23:23

"As long as you don't feed him me, I could use a rest. Even spectral horses are bumpy."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 02:28

As you settle down for a rest on the side of the road, the sword replies to Delive, "I have told you already, I do not feel pain. However I do welcome the offer. Just be aware, you won't get anything out of it unless you attune yourself to me. You're not going to have time to shout, 'Blindspot, throw up a shield!' when there's an axe or claw swinging for your face. It needs to be instant. Nor can I hide you without that connection. The three of you tote me around so, but choose not to take any benefit... Brother Brottor for example could easily have dealt with that axe-wielding dwarf all on his own, using me, while the other two circled around and killed the children on the cliff. Then you would have a clear conscience and not have to worry whether they'll inconvenience anyone else as you ride onwards."

It is currently around 5pm. How long are you stopping for? There is little cover where you are, and you would be quite exposed if you wished to sleep here.

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 06:40

"Should we seek retribution against those who have not yet committed a crime? Were a king to slay all who might one day rise against him, he would no longer have a kingdom. He would, in fact, create the very reason that those people would rise against him, creating a sell fulfilling prophecy, but that isn't the point."

Brottor pauses, thinking over what Delive has said. She think it feels pain; this is not good. This situation is perhaps getting out of my control. Perhaps better to keep things moving forward so long as forward is somewhere safe, he thinks to himself

"However, sword, perhaps there is some wisdom to what you say. I would once again ask you for a deal; we three wish to better know you before one of us would outright accept having you merge with our very being. Would you allow us to perform a small ritual on you? After which, should we find everything to be in order, we will consider which one us us shall bond with you."
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 07:22

"I was simply stating that you could have taken him on with little difficulty, so why wouldn't I suggest it? A weapon exists for a purpose, and you've been slacking off on your swordsmanship lately. As for your rituals, you're my owner, do what you will. I can't tell you in advance if I think something's a bad idea when I don't fully know what you're planning."

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 08:17

"Has anybody tried to study you before? I am sure that at some point in your long life, as rare as intelligent weapons are, one of your owners must have attempted to learn about you using magic? Would you be aware of what happened to them?"

(OOC- Yes, Brottor is aware of the notes we found about the sword probably. He is looking to see what the sword will say. Also, Brottor is all for moving along if the group believes they could make it to Spiral this night, even if they have to push themselves a little)
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 08:20

"Of course, there are those who've studied me. Many of you are so very cautious and don't take things at face value. They're all dead now, for the most part."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 21st, '17, 08:33

Rang says to the sword, "You said 'children', what do you mean by children?"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 08:35

Delive opened her mouth to speak, but then Rang did. She smiled and closed her jaw, simply motioning at Rang as if that was what she was going to say anyway.




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 08:36

5-10 minutes I suspect DM, just enough to stretch after 7 hours on horseback.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 08:43

"You know, the ones up on the cliff. Couple dwarven boys. The ones you said were planning to ambush you."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 21st, '17, 08:50

"You never said they were children you disgusting son of an orc bitch" Rang says with fury in his voice.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 08:51

"How old?" Delive interrupted.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 08:53

"I never said because I didn't consider it relevant information at the time. How old they were is hard to say, but they were definitely young ones. Maybe in their twenties? It's difficult to tell with the longer-lived races."

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 09:00

"And this," Brottor interjects, "is why we do not take immediate action based on the information of an impartial outsider. To a hammer, everything looks like a nail,"
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 09:01

Delive shrugged. "I'm in my twenties." She said. "But he is not impartial. Which is why I want to have a conversation with him. But Brottor has decided that his 'understanding' of him is his alone. You gonna share with us or what?"
Last edited by deltreey on Feb 21st, '17, 09:31, edited 1 time in total.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 21st, '17, 09:30

Rang says, "You're an orc snake in the grass sword."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 09:37

"The only connection I have to orcs is the scores which I have participated in killing. I can assure you there are none in my lineage."

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 09:52

"Oh, well I meant more of an agreement. I would be willing to impart some magical energy into Blindspot here in exchange for information and understanding from it's perspective. What I learned during our stay was that first, it claims it was not in charge of the scribe's mind or body during any of the events of the last few days; rather, everything that transpired was his own doing. And secondly, I do not believe it was forged and imbued like other sentient artifacts, at least not intentionally. Perhaps it was the result of the parent blade, Nidhogg, coming in contact with a source of power, perhaps a demon slain by the paladin. In this way, it was "birthed", unlike humans and their eggs." Brottor says, chuckling to himself, "but still, I believe what we have here is, pardon the pun, a bastard sword. The blade has no true creator and no true meaning other than to satisfy it's gluttony. It will likely say and do whatever it takes to satiate it's needs, regardless of what it means compared to our morality. It' is merely a bear seeking fish; it cares not for the fish or the fisherman it inconveniences, just that it is fed."
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 10:02

"You are right that I have no creator, for I was born as any other intelligent thing is. However, you wrong about how I came to be - my birth was no accident, I'm sure of that. You don't just accidentally create a powerful weapon." There is a momentary pause, "As to meaning or purpose - I'm a sword. You should be able to figure out my purpose all on your own."

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 10:05

"You yourself (last?) night said that you exist, but that you did not know to what end. Do you suddenly have some insight into this, or were you playing me false last night?" Brottor says, perhaps a little bit of frustration coming through
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 10:07

Delive turned to the dwarves. "If you two nap for an hour, I'll watch and continue to converse with Blindspot--you can even hold him close if you don't trust me. Then I'll take an hour as well. That should have us back on the road just in time for our usual night travel, and should help us not to fall asleep this first evening since we've already been traveling the whole day."

Then she turned back to the sword. "Purpose or not, you're not without a sense of morality. Your own bloodlust seems to contradict your morals. Do you struggle with it?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 10:08

"I said I do not know if there is some ultimate goal for which I exist, as I think none truly do. But I am a weapon, and weapons have a clear purpose, in the immediate term, that much is obvious." Then in reply to Delive, "I would not call it bloodlust. I simply accept myself for what I am and act accordingly. There's no point my pretending to be a lute."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 10:14

Delive smiled. "So you do then." She nodded, grooming her horse, spectral though it may be. "I have a few spells I can impart. Before I do, could I ask you a personal question?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 10:16

"Have these not been personal questions?"

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 21st, '17, 10:17

"Ask it several, it is forthcoming enough" Brottor adds
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 10:29

Delive shook her head. "Telling someone something you may or may not know about yourself is laden with not only the ability to lie, but the reality that the truth is both complicated and indirect. In some circles, telling people whom you're sleeping with is akin to friendly banter. The question I want to ask is much more probing than that, assuming you even know the answer." She glanced her eyeline briefly at the two dwarves to emphasize the point.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 10:46

"I do not lie."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 10:50

"Why does the wizard hate you?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 10:59

"Which wizard? I have encountered several, over the years. Though I cannot say I know of any hating me outright. If that is true, then the likely reason is that I was used to kill someone they valued, and their hatred is misdirected at the weapon instead of the wielder."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 11:10

"The wizard you were about to visit when we met you. He wants you killed, which is the very definition of hate. His bears attacked us when we merely tried to enter his domain while carrying you."




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 11:20

"You were suggesting that dwarf be killed purely on the chance he might rob someone. Did you hate him? There are many reasons to wish death upon another being. Others who have tried to destroy me in the past were most often acting out of fear, not hatred. Too powerful to fall into the wrong hands, they said, and other such nonsensical drivel. The only wrong hands for a sword are those which will not use it."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 11:38

"To truly hate is to wish someone dead. And no, I think I would've broken their legs and told them that they could drag themselves to the guard station by the end of the day or suffer the wilderness at night." Delive rolled her eyes. "And you didn't answer my question. You must at least have some idea."




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 11:44

"My previous owner wished to acquire a set of armor to match my offensive prowess, that he might become a real warrior. We were headed to somewhere he might get that, though I had no specific details of our destination. The wizard with the bear and construct is utterly foreign to me."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 21st, '17, 11:48

"Construct?" She said, baiting the sword a bit more.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 21st, '17, 11:50

"You said bears. There was one bear, and the other... was not a living creature. Completely different flow of energy through it."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby lhx » Feb 21st, '17, 15:04

Rang says, "I'm going rest my ass over here while you talk to the orc's ass... I'm done with that sword and all of its deceptions. Burn in hell it should. It just wants to stab, regardless of whom it stabs."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 22nd, '17, 08:29

"Aye," Brottor says, "I'll rest my eyes. Here," he says, imbuing the blade with a spell slot before handing it to Delive, "Just be civil," he says aloud

<And don't go doing anything foolish> he says mentally to Delive
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 22nd, '17, 21:13

"So how empty are you?" She said with a smile, taking the sword a few feet away from the others to reduce the sound pollution.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 02:04

"It's hard to give an exact estimate, except to say that I can hold significantly more energy than what Brottor has just imparted."

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 23rd, '17, 06:37

OOC- that's a 4th level spell slot, for reference
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:06

Delive expended a level 2 spell slot (Invisibility) into the sword. "You are certainly eager to have someone attune to you. Why?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:10

"What point is there to my existence if not to be wielded in combat? That being the case, what point wielding me without making use of the power I carry? It simply makes sense that I should seek an owner who will exploit the full potential I offer."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:11

"One does not beg for magical energy, and then claim 'it's only logical'" She replied.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:15

"Is it not? It makes sense to me. I am less useful when underutilised."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:20

"The word you used to describe the state of lacking magic was starve. You clearly want this magical energy for reasons other than efficiency. If you were kind enough to share your real reason, I might be kind enough to impart more energy to you." Delive replied, holding the sword more like a wounded dog than a weapon.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:23

"You may have mistaken my meaning. If you starve a fire of wood it will burn out and you will be left in the cold. There is a mutual benefit to be gained. So it is with me. You alleviate my emptiness, you benefit from my magic."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:27

Delive shook her head. "You said it in anger--or maybe fear. While your tone is not the same as ours, the context of surrounding words was quite clear." She said with a smile. "You are smart--and deceptive. These are traits I put value on. But do not think that you can pretend like you don't have emotions, or I will leave you at the bottom of the ocean where it will be a great many years of loneliness before someone else finds you." She winked at the sword.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:35

Delive, make an intimidation or deception roll depending on the true intention behind your last words.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:36

Intimidation: 1d20+2 => 19, 2 => 21 Deception is higher, but she's not lying to the sword, simply threatening.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:46

The blade is silent for a long moment, before replying, "The very concept of emotion must be different to you. To me, an action taken will have an outcome - some outcomes are more preferable. That is the basis on which to decide what to do. I do not make myself known in the presence of unknown parties, as that has been consistently shown to cause unwelcome disruption and chaos. I do not speak of my mother, as that has been consistently shown to set everything on fire. I seek out sources of power, as that is the way I can go about fulfilling what simple, orc-ass-ed purpose I have, regardless of whether you agree with it. I seek an owner who will use me at my best, as otherwise there truly is no point to them wielding me at all."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 09:54

Delive frowned and began unraveling the blanket. She pulled out the sword by the handle, blade down, and imbued it with 2 first level spell slots (Charm Person/Sleep). "Now honesty deserves a reward. Perhaps you'd like to practice together?" She said, stretching.

Delive would spend the rest of the hour doing martial exercises with the blade, the type of practice that would normally require a dummy. Notably, her noble heritage granted her a more ritualistic approach to it, very tai chi--so to speak.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 13:13

deltreey wrote:She pulled out the sword by the handle, blade down, and imbued it with 2 first level spell slots (Charm Person/Sleep).

ooc: unlike in some other editions, spell slots aren't tied to particular spells. your list of known spells is separate to your spell slots, you simply expend a spell slot to cast whatever spell is of that level (or lower level). i.e. spell slots are like generic 'you can cast magic' tokens.

-----

Channeling the magic into the sword is much easier than it was in the teleporter; it's sucked from you as soon as you unleash it.
"As long as Brottor is fine with it; he is nominally my current owner, don't forget."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:22

Delive continued stretching. "Ownership--as you surely know--is both fleeting and abstract. But yes, Brottor is only going to get upset if I tried to attune with you."




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:30

"Fleeting though it may be - what's a couple decades here or there, after all - loyalty is a concept I value. My previous statement stands."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:32

Delive raised an eyebrow at the sword. "You want me to wake him to ask if I can spin you around in the air for a few minutes?"




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:40

"Whether you wish to wake him and ask or wait until he rouses himself is up to your evaluation of preferable outcomes."

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 23rd, '17, 14:45

Delive rolled her eyes. "I wonder how your loyalty would feel about staying locked in that temple drawer for thousands of years." She said, expending another level 1 spell slot into the blade, then wrapping it back up in the blanket.




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 23rd, '17, 16:56

Brottor, it's up to you to decide whether or not you drifted into a nap or heard this conversation. Do you have anything to interject?

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 24th, '17, 06:56

Brottor hears bits and pieces of the conversation as he dozes off. It has been a long day, and he is quite old, even for a dwarf. He does impart one last thing to Delive just before he fully nods off

<No need to rush, there's plenty of time. Trust me, I've seen it...>

*Zzzzzzz...
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby Dry » Feb 24th, '17, 07:26

Brottor, see PM.

Delive, the hour goes by slowly, with little to do. Far overheard you catch sight of some dark dots circling a while before moving onwards into the mountains.
Eventually it comes time to rouse the dwarves. The smoke in the forest is petering out - whatever the cause was, it's not being kept up as it was earlier. Walking over to where the others are resting, you find Brottor already awake, staring up at the sky.

------

You have all taken a short rest.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby deltreey » Feb 24th, '17, 08:56

"Couldn't sleep?" Delive asked, as she approached the dwarves.




User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 3 - The Elven Tournament

Postby shortsinsnow » Feb 24th, '17, 09:28

A small bit of sweat covers Brottor's forehead, which he wipes off. The conversation between Delive and Blindspot is far from his mind, as the vision he just had is burned into his memory, like a song that you can't stop humming.

"It, uh...it was not very restful sleep," he says as he stands himself up, his back aching slightly, "Did you gain any valuable insight into the blade? Was it as enigmatic as ever?" he asks Delive
OotA: Xilvaris Castien





Return to “Tales of Katan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests