In-Character Game Thread

lhx
Site Admin

Re: In-Character Game Thread

Postby lhx » Jul 19th, '17, 17:45

Narlia, you're up! You're 50' from Gundren, Tiefling, Creature A, and B.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Dry

Postby Dry » Jul 20th, '17, 03:00

lhx wrote:Tiefling, please make a DC 10 CON save at advantage. On a fail, you will have disadvantage on all attacks, saves, and ability checks for 1 minute.

Con save:
1d20+2 => 8, 2 => 10

Adv:
1d20+2 => 5, 2 => 7

For the record, Tiefling is immune to disease (and holding his breath) if that plays any role here.

lhx wrote:B pushes through Tiefling and A and takes a swing at Gundren with its arms:
1d20+3 => 7, 3 => 10

for
1d6+1 => 5, 1 => 6
if hit
OOC: not sure what is going on here, is it a shove, so contested checks? Otherwise how is it able to get past?

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 20th, '17, 10:52

Dry wrote:
lhx wrote:Tiefling, please make a DC 10 CON save at advantage. On a fail, you will have disadvantage on all attacks, saves, and ability checks for 1 minute.

Con save:
1d20+2 => 8, 2 => 10

Adv:
1d20+2 => 5, 2 => 7

For the record, Tiefling is immune to disease (and holding his breath) if that plays any role here.

lhx wrote:B pushes through Tiefling and A and takes a swing at Gundren with its arms:
1d20+3 => 7, 3 => 10

for
1d6+1 => 5, 1 => 6
if hit
OOC: not sure what is going on here, is it a shove, so contested checks? Otherwise how is it able to get past?

You succeeded on your CON save so we don't have to worry now. It's not a disease effect either. The advantage was from holding your breath.

As far as moving through you, this monster is able to without a contested check, similar to like a halfling can move through a creature's space if it's larger.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 20th, '17, 11:08

I'm also currently looking in the PHB to see if you get an OA for the push through though, even though the creature didn't leave your 5' radius.

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 20th, '17, 11:09

And no, PHB 191 says OA only after you leave the hostile creature's reach.

Dry

Postby Dry » Jul 24th, '17, 05:37

Based on what we've seen of them so far, do these creatures appear to be able to move quickly (at least, enough to keep up with Tiefling)?

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 24th, '17, 09:34

No, they appear to be around 20-25' speed.

Dry

Postby Dry » Jul 24th, '17, 18:46

Good to know!

Hyperax

Postby Hyperax » Jul 25th, '17, 18:00

Bow time! Narlia knocks an arrow and lets loose at creature A!
1d20+4 => 17, 4 => 21

1d6+2 => 2, 2 => 4

(I really should get better at noticing the new page thing)

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 26th, '17, 11:46

Narlia's arrow flies true and smacks into Creature A and only a tiny amount of ash "puffs" off of the creature where the arrow hit. (No CON save necessary for those adjacent). Narlia, you may use your movement if you'd like. Please let me know soon. I'm going to go ahead and let the next in initiative go pending your move.

The creature seems oblivious to the arrow however, and is still focused on Tiefling and Gundren.

Kaspar you're up! You're quite a ways away from the action, you're down near building 4, which is over 120' feet away from you, as well as out of your line of sight.

Hyperax

Postby Hyperax » Jul 26th, '17, 16:54

*Nah not gonna move, I'm fine back here.*

jasonw

Postby jasonw » Jul 28th, '17, 00:09

I guess Kaspar will have heard some shouting? I don't know how much he'd know of what's going on
LMoP: Kaspar - Gnome Bard https://goo.gl/SA8Pyb
OoTA: Scafell - Dwarf Druid https://goo.gl/f5eMkS

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Jul 28th, '17, 23:37

Kaspar is pretty clueless about what's going on to the north; he doesn't have line of sight, and it's 100+ feet away with trees and buildings in between.

On a successful DC 20 perception roll, Kaspar would have heard Tiefling kick in the door and Narlia's bow shot. Otherwise, he has no clue that combat has broken out yet.

jasonw

Postby jasonw » Jul 29th, '17, 01:41

Perception
d20+3 => 6, 3 => 9

jasonw

Postby jasonw » Jul 29th, '17, 01:41

Kaspar waits for the door to open

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Aug 8th, '17, 20:53

My apologies everyone. I thought I was waiting on a PC in this game. Let me move it along!

Baelem: you're up! You had line of of sight on Tiefling the whole time so you know exactly what's going on with Tiefling and Gundren. You are within 1 turns movement of Tiefling (and the creature that pushed past Tiefling and Gundren)

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 3rd, '17, 13:48

Ok. Dry's back... let's get this moving again!

Dry

Postby Dry » Sep 8th, '17, 13:30

lhx wrote:Ok. Dry's back... let's get this moving again!
OOC: it's not been my turn this whole time so don't blame it on me :?

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 8th, '17, 13:52

It's Baelem's turn. Just hadn't pushed the issue while you were gone.

Baelem

Postby Baelem » Sep 8th, '17, 23:59

Is Baelem within 30' of all of the creatures, or can she safely move to a spot within 30' of all of them?

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 9th, '17, 00:36

If she moves ten feet towards Tiefling in she will be within 30' of both the creatures.

Baelem

Postby Baelem » Sep 16th, '17, 02:00

Baelem hefts her hammer, and with an overhead swing, attempts to bring it down upon the nearest creature. "BACK TO TH' GRAVE WI' YE!!!"

1d20+5 => 7, 5 => 12

1d8+3 => 8, 3 => 11

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 18th, '17, 21:19

Baelem's hammer slams into the creature, connecting solidly with the creature's shoulder, crushing it. The creature now only has use of one of its arms. But, it still looks like it has plenty of fight left in it. Along with the hit, a cloud of ash flies off of the creature near Baelem. She has to make a CON save (not poison so no adv),
1d20+3 => 16, 3 => 19
and she succeeds easily.

After Baelem's turn, the other two creatures approach tiefling, and each takes a swing at tiefling:

Creature C
1d20+3 => 5, 3 => 8
to hit
1d6+1 => 6, 1 => 7
bludgeoning if hit

Creature D
1d20+3 => 9, 3 => 12
to hit
1d6+1 => 4, 1 => 5
bludgeoning if hit

and both creatures miss Tiefling!

Tiefling, you're up! You have 3 in front of you still inside the building, and one behind you fighting with Baelem. "A" is directly in front of you and "B" is behind you, well within a single turn's movement..

Dry

Postby Dry » Sep 20th, '17, 01:37

Tiefling attacks A with his flail:
d20+4 => 7, 4 => 11

for
d8+2 => 6, 2 => 8
bludgeoning if that hits, and will stand his ground (end of turn).

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 20th, '17, 22:57

Tiefling, you've killed A... would you like to describe how? ;)

Dry

Postby Dry » Sep 21st, '17, 05:44

The chain of the flail wraps around its neck, and a quick tug forwards pulls its head onto the edge of Tiefling's shield, cracking the skull. Tiefling shakes his weapon loose and looks up at the next one, ready to continue the fight.

lhx
Site Admin

Postby lhx » Sep 27th, '17, 23:27

Kaspar, the door opens and you see a gaunt, white-bearded human male step out and say, "Hello. New in town?"

Kaspar, what do you do? You're still in rounds.

Return to “LMoP 5E”