Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Dry » Sep 2nd, '17, 14:01

OOC: In the interests of getting back into the game after our summer hiatus with a rolling start, I'm just going to wrap up the ends of the previous threads.
Everyone please update your characters to level 9.

Nayveen and Andraste succeeded in fighting off the demonic Herzou without any of the elves suffering fatal wounds. The water elementals made themselves scarce. Investigation of the cave showed scorch marks similar to those seen where the hellhound had emerged, and Nayveen had little trouble putting the two together. The origins of the icy sword and its connection remain a mystery; the blade was Mended successfully and is now a +1 longsword which deals an additional 1d6 cold damage on hit; it clearly has other properties, but any attempts to attune to the weapon fail. Seeing little else to be done at the elven conclave, the warden suggests the pair follow Nayveen's original plan, and they set off to the home of the wizard, Orlov. It will take a couple days to get there.

Brottor, Delive, and Rang, now accompanied by the boy Dark, who prefers to be named Dar, make their way from the elven outpost of Helix. Along the way, during their rest stops, Brottor is able to finish his transcription of both rituals. The journey back is uneventful, and takes a couple days.

Purely due to the fact that some cosmic entity finds humour in unnatural coincidences, both parties arrive at roughly the same time, from opposite directions.

It is here that we resume play.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 2nd, '17, 15:32

"That's them," Nayveen says to Andraste, in a low voice, as they ride closer. "Perhaps they've recalled they still have further business with Orlov."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 2nd, '17, 16:13

OOC: Woohoo! I'll do my character sheet tonight.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 2nd, '17, 17:10

she watched them as she rode her horse beside Nayveen. " I suppose I will leave the introductions to you then, if you want them to sweat a bit i wouldn't mind that"
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 3rd, '17, 13:43

OOC:

Rang's level up is now on his character sheet.

He took the average HP increase, and gains Brutal Critical, meaning he can roll one additional weapon damage die when determining extra damage for a crit on a melee attack. His Prof Bonus went to +4 too. Might need to look into getting a different weapon to take better advantage of the brutal critical. Rage damage goes to +3 too.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 3rd, '17, 13:43

Rang sees Nayveen in the distance and shouts in a happy tone, "Ho there! Long time no see!"
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 3rd, '17, 15:01

Delive pulled up her horse next to Brottor. "Do you still trust me?" she asked at nearly a whisper.

OOC: Assuming a yes (probably tentative)

"I need you to go away from here, out of earshot for the next few minutes." she finished, dismounting with her eyes on Nayveen's new comrade, letting Dar figure out how to get down or fall as the horse dismissed.

OOC: DM, please update the people list. For example: Earmane is still listed as never met.

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 3rd, '17, 18:49

"It hasn't been a full week," Nayveen comments, dryly, shouting back at Rang. Thinking of a more polite phrasing than the one that immediately comes to mind, she asks, "Is the tournament over, already?"

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 3rd, '17, 19:43

Rang says, "It sure is! We won our match. Come on over and introduce your friend."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 4th, '17, 21:34

Nayveen covers less than a quarter of the remaining distance before stopping. "I believe she can introduce herself. In any case, the reason I'm here hasn't changed." She looks over her shoulder and whispers a message to Andraste.
► Show Spoiler

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 4th, '17, 23:12

"What reason was that? I still never got a good explanation why you took off..."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby shortsinsnow » Sep 5th, '17, 09:44

"Of course" Brottor replies to Delive. At her request, he begins to reply, "What? But...." then, catching himself, stops, and finished, "As you wish. I will backtrack a bit,". He then kicks the side of his 'horse' which carries him off to a distance of about a minutes ride. Here, he will meditate until he is gathered by his companions

[Brottor has left the party]
OotA: Xilvaris Castien

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 5th, '17, 09:55

Delive stood there for a moment, watching Brottor ride off in the distance carrying the dangerous sword and it's all-hearing abilities with him. When it was finished, she closed her eyes and took a deep breath before smiling at Dar, then turning and slowly approaching Nayveen and Rang's conversation, remaining silent until addressed.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 5th, '17, 12:08

"Look who it is Delive. Our elven... friend?" Rang says as he stumbles for the right category to place Nayveen into. He remembers her fighting well, but not getting along the best with Delive.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 5th, '17, 12:11

Delive curtsied low to Nayveen. "I'm glad to see you're OK." She then turned her eyeline to the newcomer as she straightened back up in anticipation of the introduction Nayveen had implied.




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 5th, '17, 12:16

Nayveen sighs. "Rang, if you can't remember... we were sent to negotiate with the wizard. To persuade, to convince him. He misunderstood our intentions, perhaps because no one held or remembered them, and then you three decided it would be easier to go on as if his mistaken assumptions about our reason for being here were correct than to return to the course we were set on, and entrusted with, by the King of Katan.

"I may be ambivalent about 'our king's' expectations, but then, I never expected to be his most loyal agent. Nor even his second-most. Nevertheless, it seems I might claim that distinction. And that is why I am here--because none of you did what you came here for, and I can only assume it remains urgent." She glanced back toward Andraste again, smiling. As usual for Nayveen, her smile didn't have much warmth to it.

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 5th, '17, 13:11

"But we did complete the wizard's task! We'll surely get his help for the king now!
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 5th, '17, 20:36

Nayveen rode closer to Rang, so that she wouldn't have to raise her voice as much. Also, because it was more ominous. "Yes, you did. But he didn't agree to help the king. He wasn't even asked. Unless he's been listening to us, he believes you only want the reward that he advertised. He owes you nothing of relevance for performing his task."

User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 6th, '17, 08:15

Andraste rode a bit closer. " I go by Andraste, I work for the king direct." she watched the hodgepodge of people for a few moments and smiled a bit. " Although my task is different I've Arrived to give you a hand to speed things along"
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 6th, '17, 08:17

Delive raised an eyebrow, a look of confusion on her face. "A pleasure to meet you." she said, providing Andraste with a curtsy as well. "So Nayveen rode back to Olaf and he sent you?" she asked, considerably confused.




User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 6th, '17, 08:53

she shook her head. " No, we met on the road while i was dealing with my own mission for the king, Nayveen assisted me, I am returning the favor" she didn't bow back but stared at Delvie through her one eye for a few moments. " Whats the full scenario that we're dealing with, the more information shared, the better i can help you acomplish your own goals"
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 6th, '17, 09:16

Delive shrugged and nodded. She had expected this, but she'd expected it from Nayveen. Her new comrade was an interesting addition, and met entirely by chance. Leap of faith. That eerie voice rang out in her head again. She had seen enough dangers, and hiding from them would put her in a worse situation rather than a better one.

She took a deep breath. "Olaf wants Orlov to return to Katan to help fight the proxies, as I'm sure you know." As she spoke, she watched for any unusual reactions on Andraste's face, but didn't acknowledge them. "Orlov wanted us to stop the man who stole his magic. Turns out the magic was actually magical armor. The elves were hoping Earmane would die in the tournament so they could take it and study how it worked. Orlov lied to us and told us his concoction would simply disable the magic. Turns out it was a combustible. It killed him and burned the armor to nothingness even in the flooded arena that we fought in." She spoke quickly, dusting off her gloved hands from the riding sweat and dirt, trying to get as much out as possible.

"Orlov agreed to 'whatever we want' in exchange for doing the stupid task, so now he gets to hear the bad news that he has to go see Olaf. But there's much worse news I'm afraid. The elves are not running the tournament simply to steal military secrets as we originally believed. They need the secrets because, as they claim, they are fighting a war with the demons who are attempting to spread to our plane and take over. I don't know if their leadership is bonkers, but my gut tells me never to completely dismiss someone who's survived a thousand years or more in the world." She paused to catch her breath, raising a finger so she wasn't interrupted.

"Unfortunately, the red man who delivered the magic box was killed by Brottor and it turned out most of his power was the sword he carried. According to the elves it is a knock-off of the famous Nidhogg, taken from Eps when he decided that he could take on the whole of the Abyss by himself. They claim that Blindspot--the sword--is a tool to gather magic and information for its creator. Blindspot is completely unaware of his purpose and seems like a reasonable creature--complete with the usual flaws and features of a person--and a sword."

"And that is the fantastical journey to the land of the elves. We have returned with the sword which we will need to see if Orlov can store for us safely. The elves seemed to have a way, but I'm fairly certain they didn't know how to manage their own protections, as dark creatures--" She tapped the new short sword on her side "--roamed their facility unchecked and I was nearly killed while investigating the anteroom."

She extended her now cleaned up gloved hand in a ladylike way toward Andraste, "I'm Delive by the way, but I'm sure Nayveen already told you that." She smiled her childlike smile at the newcomer.

"Oh! And I think I made friends with a dragon." She said, almost forgetting that bit.




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 6th, '17, 10:40

"A thorough description, except for where you omitted to mention Orlov instructed you to kill Earmane, and told us that concoction was necessary to that plan. You also seem to be merely imagining the terms of the agreement you made with him. I suppose we'll see how well that serves." Nayveen disengages, and watches Brottor wander off.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 6th, '17, 10:42

"Brottor is carrying Blindspot, which is why I asked him to step away so that I could update you on the things Blindspot's creator probably shouldn't know." Delive said, by way of reply to Nayveen's gaze changing to the direction Brottor had headed off.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 6th, '17, 11:44

OOC: Went and re-read the wizard interaction. I'll be damned... Nayveen is right about him not agreeing to anything.

Rang says, "I thought... I mean... we did his job. Isn't that what you discussed with him Delive? Did we kill a man for nothing?" Rang looks really conflicted by this revelation.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 6th, '17, 12:00

OOC: I have read it about 10 times to be sure.

"Actually, he did agree, he simply refused to hear us out on the details. That's his problem. It doesn't matter anyway. Even if he had agreed to the details there's nothing holding him to it except his own desire. That's why our choice was the same either way--try to ingratiate ourselves to him by completing his task. We did. He established that he was willing to lie, so as it would be either way, it's up to him if he's willing to repay his debt to us."




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 6th, '17, 13:21

"He promised to pay you for it. He wasn't specific about how. He can fulfill his obligation by providing the reward he promised on his advertisement. It's too late to change that now, but we're here to negotiate with him. Please do not weaken our position by pretending what he owes you is relevant to what we have to ask of him." Nayveen turns to look at the hedge maze, and proceeds with her plan to leave the horses safely outside, this time.

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 6th, '17, 13:57

"Given that you didn't do anything at all, I'd say you're the one due to keep your mouth shut during this negotiation." Delive said, her face unchanging. "What was the task that Olaf gave you?" Delive turned her question to Andraste.




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 6th, '17, 14:22

Rang steps back from the ladies and heads back to join Brottor.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Dry » Sep 6th, '17, 15:55

The lawn within the hedge is just as it was before: a field of neatly trimmed grass with two tall, slim sinverbirch trees in the centre, standing about ten feet apart, flanked by a pair of guardian bears, who are very overtly watching you. The spell keeping the grass cut seems to currently be suppressed, as you do not see the waves of force moving across as they had previously.

User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 7th, '17, 08:35

andraste unhorsed and stood at her full height which was quite honestly massive. " It's a task that you need not know of." she started checking her weapons. " It's good to not dig into other peoples business when it could lead to possible harm, I will assist in dealing with this Orlov, and i suggest next time you strike a deal with some one get it in writing and settle the terms out before hand"her eye studied the bears for a moment as she followed the others a hand not straying far from her sword hilt.
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 7th, '17, 08:46

Delive raised an eyebrow at Andraste. "Perhaps I misspoke. Let me phrase it differently: Whats the full scenario that we're dealing with, the more information shared, the better i can help you accomplish your own goals--and of course, the less danger to all of us that someone with imperfect information makes a mistake. She had been very forthcoming, but then, what did she expect from the help that Nayveen might appreciate.

"And as to writing, I have the important stuff in writing." She said, flashing a smile.




User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 7th, '17, 09:17

she shook her head. "the task for the moment is completed as well as it could be, nayveen assisted with that, so i am returning the favor that is all." she stared down at Delive. " Don't pry further into the kings business."
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 7th, '17, 09:23

Delive was affronted. "I'll pry as much as I damn well please. I don't know who you are and have no evidence that you are even actually working for the King. I willingly shared a great deal about the King's business, and if the elves are to be believed we're on the brink of war with an army of demons. You will share your information, or you will work alone. It is far too dangerous for us to not share information. Nayveen herself can attest to how dangerous the traps we have encountered are, and I'm damn sure you're not the one disabling them one-eye"




User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 7th, '17, 09:53

Andraste took a step forwards until they were almost beside each other. "You aren't giving a compelling reason to trust you with the orders of the king, and you best remember that my mission was for the king, your mission was for the king, and the fact that you blathered all the relevant information to me with out bothering to ask who i was shows that you are rather naive in the world,you aren't my boss, and i'm here to help you out of my own free time and volition." she smiled a wide grin. " Remember sharing information can be just as deadly as not sharing, if not more dangerous. and if you doubt i work for the king, then i have reason to presume that you work against the king either willingly or ignorantly." she stepped back tapping her eye patch. " And as i said my buisness is concluded for now, so working alone doesn't bother me due to the fact i'd just go home, so how about you stop being a spoiled brat and put on your big kid pants ."
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
deltreey
Posts: 1231
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 12:05
Location: Florida

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby deltreey » Sep 7th, '17, 09:58

Delive shook her head. "Your intent is to interfere with my negotiations for the king. You refuse to collaborate with others or even present your credentials. You're useless to us then. Go do whatever you were doing. All you will do is get in the way."

She stepped back and started heading to collect Brottor. "I'll remind you that neither you, nor Nayveen participated in any way in the mission Orlov sent us on, and therefore have no ground to stand on. Have fun, little girl."




Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 7th, '17, 10:21

Nayveen keeps her tone light and brisk. "Very ironic, Delive, but aside from being entirely wrong, you're a hypocrite besides. I've already explained that the mission Orlov sent you on was irrelevant to the king's wishes... which was the other reason I didn't participate, aside from it being a brute assassination."

She looked toward the bears. "Assuming this hasn't changed from last time, the way in is to walk carefully around to the other side, and then approach the gateway between the trees in the center from behind. There's no guarantees, though, the bears react to some threats. That could include us if Orlov does not wish us to return."

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 7th, '17, 16:38

Assuming Rang was able to reach Brottor by now he says to Brottor, "Brother Brottor, can you come help me talk some sense into them? They're already about to cut each other's throats and it's only been 2 minutes. I'll back you up... I just want to help save the world... Not squabble over who's the better messenger of the King... The new lady is about as stubborn as a dwarf too."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby shortsinsnow » Sep 14th, '17, 09:10

Brottor opens his eyes, and shakes his head back and forth, "Do not expect the badger to take berries from the hand, Rang. You'll lose a few fingers before you gain a friend." He stands up, feeling stiff, and proceeds to walk down the path, rather than mount and ride the horse.

During the intervening walk, he says to Rang, "Boyo, knowing what you know, demons trying to take over, kings speaking in secret tongues... women squabbling over petty technicalities, why do you continue to fight the good fight? Do you believe we two dwarves are enough to stand in the way of the coming Ragnarok?"
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 14th, '17, 09:36

"Well, if what's coming really is that bad, I think I'd rather die trying my best to help as many as I can. Even if that's just two dwarfs against the tide. Let's get on back to the women and see if we can sort this out... otherwise it's you and me best go speak to the wizard without them."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby shortsinsnow » Sep 15th, '17, 14:14

"Perhaps. Two dwarves are better than nothing at all, I suppose. Here," Brottor says, taking Blindspot in it's makeshift sheath and handing it to Rang, "Watch over this for a while. Best not leave it with Dar, he may become influenced like the red man. Hopefully we will not be long at this."

Once they get back to the gate, Brottor will begin to cross the lawn towards the trees and inevitably, towards the teleportation room.
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 15th, '17, 14:37

Rang takes the sword in the sheath but leaves it in the sheath. "I won't leave it with Dar." He follows Brottor towards the group but does not enter the field with it. Rang does not even acknowledge the ladies. Rather, he watches Brottor ready to drop the sword and run in if the bears turn on Brottor.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Dry » Sep 15th, '17, 15:57

They are watching closely, but besides the left one growling in warning, and the both of them baring teeth, in much the same kind of display of aggression as you'd seen before, there's nothing different. They don't move from their spots either side of the trees.

Dar, seeing Brottor heading in, follows him with only a sidelong glance at Delive, choosing not to intervene in the conversation. As soon as he passes the gap in the hedge into the field and sees the bears, he seems more curious than anything, walking right up to the growling one and humming a slow melody. As he does, the bear seems about to lunge at him,
d20+1 => 7, 1 => 8
but then a look of confusion passes over its face, and it shakes its head and bows to Dar. He scratches it behind the ear and turns to Brottor, saying, "Are these the wizard's pets, then?"

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 15th, '17, 16:30

Nayveen looked back at Andraste as she eyed the distant dwarves, and said nothing. When they returned, and paid no one else any mind, she moved in at the same time as them. She took notice of Dar, belatedly as he crossed the threshold with her, and started moving to intervene, before he seemed to cast a spell on the bear. Directing her question at Brottor and Rang, she abruptly stopped walking, waved her hand toward Dar, and asked "Who is this?"

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 15th, '17, 17:37

"A friend. A guest of the elves in Helix. He's was helpful in Helix and needed travel companions for the road." Rang left it at that and would let Delive or Brottor fill them in or not on the weird stuff.

"Have you three learned to be professional? We're all working for the same grand cause: to save the world." Rang flashes his Katan mark and makes it a specialist mark to show Andraste. Rang's eyes narrow and he says to Nayveen and Andraste and his voice takes on a cold harsh tone, "I'm not asking you to be my friend. But I am asking you to not be an enemy of me or of Katan. So, I'll ask, what have you been up to since you left us a few days ago? I believe my specialist mark vouches for me. Nayveen can also witness that I am serving the King of Katan directly as his envoy."
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric

Namaphry
Posts: 736
Joined: Jul 21st, '16, 14:02

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Namaphry » Sep 15th, '17, 18:04

Though she was none too pleased by Rang's tone, Nayveen rolled with it, even visibly, as if she were deflecting another slow-motion attack from a water elemental. "Andraste was on a mission from the king, as she mentioned. I was not, as I'd left in frustration. It seemed I could not convince any of you to complete your mission. Given how tepid my interest was in it, I wasn't interested in going on alone, so I did not return until I found Andraste.

"There's not much to tell besides that. I rode for two days, handled a diplomatic matter at a forest retreat that had arisen due to the mission Andraste had been sent on, and rode back once the matter had been resolved. We did run afoul of another demon and a strange magic sword on the way back, but we don't know anything more about that than you do, aside from how bad it smelled, and so forth. That matter is also resolved, though the investigation's ongoing.

"We were never your enemies, I'm afraid the only harm done to your cause here was from neglect at the last meeting and the delay in returning. At least with your task complete, we might have a second chance to start negotiating." She ended holding her hands out to the side, palms up, still relaxed, but no less emphatic. She seemed distracted from asking follow-up questions about Dar.

User avatar
skyetashi
Posts: 51
Joined: Mar 31st, '17, 17:08

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby skyetashi » Sep 15th, '17, 23:49

Andraste nodded her head smiling a bit. " I look forward to working together, and anyone who would declare themselves an enemy to katan, well, they'd best not say that near me"
Tales of Katan: Andraste

User avatar
shortsinsnow
Posts: 664
Joined: Jul 20th, '16, 18:58
Location: CT, USA

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby shortsinsnow » Sep 18th, '17, 13:40

Brottor laughs a bit at the statement, "Enemy? Pah, I've lost a good bit of blood and beard while working for your King Olaf. I fear my years of being useful are coming to end like a candle burned from both ends."

To Dar, he says, "I am unsure, though they act as a sort of guard up to this point. Come along, we have a short journey still." and he will lead the others towards the teleportation room
OotA: Xilvaris Castien




User avatar
Dry
Posts: 2169
Joined: Mar 27th, '16, 15:39
Location: Isle of Wight, UK

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby Dry » Sep 20th, '17, 11:17

What's Delive doing as the others head to speak with the wizard?

User avatar
lhx
Site Admin
Posts: 3559
Joined: Aug 6th, '15, 00:05
Location: D/FW Texas
Contact:

Re: Scenario 5 - Fires That Burn

Postby lhx » Sep 20th, '17, 11:54

Also, just to be clear, Rang has the sword and is hanging out outside the field. He's not going to take the sword in to the wizard.
Find me on freenode with the username lhx in #texasxtremerpg or professionally at lawjrm.com
LMoP: GM - LMoP combat tracker OotA: GM - OotA combat tracker, Inventory Tedpocalypse: Zertius, Human Cleric


Return to “Tales of Katan”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests